Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Road to Boston--Week 1 done!

Well, I've finished the 1st week of training and have 15 weeks left to go! As tired as I was after training for two marathons in 2011, it feels really nice to be back on a plan. I can just check out the fridge to see what's on tap and I go out and do it.

This first week was pretty easy with one hill workout and 3 easy runs, plus my Sunday long run. Thank goodness for this plan that made sure I did that long run! I was staying with friends over the weekend and would be on country highways for my run. I woke up and got completely dressed before seeing the 'blizzard' out the window. Plus the sun wasn't up...not safe running conditions. I put off my run until about noon, and let's just say I'm glad it is over. The wind was terrible! And I ended up going head to head with it for the last two miles, ice crystals on my lashes and brows and a frozen face. Yuck.

The good thing about winter training is the strength it will give me when we are finally blessed with snow again. And thankfully, back here at home, the winter hasn't been too awful. Got the first dusting of snow last night, but the roads and sidewalks are still pretty clear.

Moving on to week two, I have an extra 'tough' run with a marathon pace workout, but overall, we are still easing into things. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can check off another sucessful week.

Oh--and Happy New Year!

In Pursuit,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment